Thursday, December 22, 2005

Santa Squash

Climbing Santas. I wonder if there is the same phenomenon outside Italy. Here it is all the rage and you can see one of those on about 50% of homes in Brescia.

Have you ever seen a more stupid Christmas decoration?

The italian comedian/actress/completely crazy woman Luciana Littizzetto (site in Italian only, sorry) expressed very well the same feelings I have for those silly things during the December 18th "Che tempo che fa" TV show (site in Italian, too: complain with them not with me!):

"Enough with the climbing Santas! ... They make Santa Claus look like an idiot who missed the chimney and got squashed on the wall instead!"

I've seen a life-sized climbing Santa a couple of days ago in Brescia, too bad I couldn't take a picture of that: it was the mother of all stupid decorations. Enjoy these smaller ones.

1 comment:

Matgala said...

I have seen some of them in Spain and it's something that I don't understand. I don't like them. Where are the Christmas trees?